I am currently only taking local orders!
Please check the calendar for openings.
Thank you for your support!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Red, White & Blue

I have been busy at work this week with cookies, cupcakes and a mini wedding cake! I totally forgot to take a photo of the cupcakes I made for a BBQ last night - they are white cake with a red, white & blue buttercream frosting and edible silver beads on top. They were gone in a flash!
I do have a photo of some other patriotic cupcakes I made a couple of weeks ago. These were red, white & blue cake with white buttercream & patriotic sprinkles.


As far as cookies go, for this week I made the Buzz Lightyear cookies, posted here and these fish cookies for my mom. 
 I also did an order of 2 1/2 dozen American flags. 

They were half vanilla sugar cookies and half chocolate sugar cookies. I painted the flag poles with edible silver paint. They look so cute!
I also did a mini wedding cake for our neighbor's son who is getting married today. It is just 4" across, white cake with red icing and black sprinkles. They were serving cupcakes instead of cake, and this little cake was for them to put their toppers on and to cut. Again,  I forgot to take a photo (where is my head these days?). Thanks to the mother of the groom for sending me one!

Lesson learned: Sprinkles stick better to freshly piped icing. So don't ice the whole 3 dozen, then apply the sprinkles. They'll just bounce off.

No comments:

Post a Comment